Whether you’re planning to go on long road trips over the holidays or just need to drive around town to run your errands or go to work, you need to prepare your car for any troubles on the road. We recommend you bring your vehicle to Northrich Automotive for a seasonal car inspection to give you the reassurance you need that your vehicle is in working order and safe to drive.
Here are some of the key tips that you should follow:
- Check your tires. They should be properly filled with air and have deep enough treads. Good tires ensure your car makes proper contact with the road.
- Install new windshield wipers - While winters in Texas are pretty dry, you could come across bad weather going out of town. If it has been at least a year since your last replacement, they need to be changed. While you are at it, top off on wiper fluid.
- Monitor car fluids. Speaking of vehicle fluids, don’t forget about your motor oil, coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and more. They should be clean and topped off. If they aren’t looking fresh or working as they should, you should get a fluid flush to get the gunk out of their respective system.
- Test your lights. With less daylight during the day, you will need to rely on your headlights to see when driving past 4 or 5 PM. Make sure your lights are bright and lit. Don’t forget your brake lights, high beams, blinkers, taillights, and more.
- Inspect your battery - Dead batteries are a common problem this time of year, which is why you should do a double-take to ensure the connections are clean and tightened. Feel free to come by our shop for a battery test.
- Check with your automaker for any recalls. You can do this by going on their website or calling the dealer.
We welcome you to bring your vehicle to Northrich Automotive for an inspection before the holidays. Your safety is always our top priority!